Eager to play with my new RPi, you can imagine my frustration when we stayed at the in-laws and I realised all they had was an old CRT monitor (VGA connection only!) for their old desktop PC (Pentium 4, Windows XP... go figure :) ) and a wireless network my RPi wasn't configured for yet.
After a while, I did find a solution:
- with an old network cable they still had lying around, I connected the old desktop and the RPi
- I couldn't use Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) as I couldn't find which IP address the RPI would get
- Luckily; I found a simple DCHP server and configured it in such a way the IP pool only had 1 address
- This allowed me to SSH into the RPi and configure the wireless - some great instructions here
- a quick ifconfig gave me the IP the RPi had received, so I could disconnect the LAN cable and SSH through the wireless connection
Now I'm happily playing with the RPi, from that old desktop!
After a while, I did find a solution:
- with an old network cable they still had lying around, I connected the old desktop and the RPi
- I couldn't use Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) as I couldn't find which IP address the RPI would get
- Luckily; I found a simple DCHP server and configured it in such a way the IP pool only had 1 address
- This allowed me to SSH into the RPi and configure the wireless - some great instructions here
- a quick ifconfig gave me the IP the RPi had received, so I could disconnect the LAN cable and SSH through the wireless connection
Now I'm happily playing with the RPi, from that old desktop!
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten